Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Day Without a Door


So, for my first forage into blogging, I'm choosing to start on a day in which we have no door.  This is not a philosophical topic, nor does the door represent an open end to the subject of life.  I'm really not that deep, as you will discover in days to come.

We - that's MedicMan, my burly manly husband, and I, needed to replace the door to our house.  Over 10 years time and a misaligned sprinkler head, we had dreaded dry rot.  It had become an eye sore and a safety issue.  So we , as we do with any large home improvement project, enlisted friends who actually know what they are doing.  Now don't get me wrong.  MedicMan and I both have our own individual talents and strong-points.  Home improvement is not one of them.  If you are sick or injured, MedicMan knows just what to do.  If you need something cooked, or a photo taken of it....I'm your girl.  But please, don't ask either of us to operate a power tool or build anything beyond a sand castle.

Early this morning, Country Boy and Gone Country loaded up their truck and headed to our place.  By 10am the door was gone, and MedicMan and Country Boy were contemplating the next step.  The demo was the fun part, but I was wondering how we were going to fill that big hole with a door by the end of the day.  Oh, ye of little faith, so MedicMan often accuses me.




Gone Country and I had a plan for the day - we were the cheerleaders, the gofers and if we could possibly fit it in....had big scrapbooking plans.  Gone Country, who is also my photo buddy, is a traditional scrapbooker.  I am a former Creative Memories consultant and have enough traditional scrapbook materials to keep a small army scrapbooking for months - however I've recently fallen in love with digital scrapbooking.  I'm fairly proficient with Photoshop, but after seeing what the Creative Memories Storybook Creator Plus can do, I decided to make the investment and put it on both my laptop and desktop computers.  One of the main reasons for buying the SBC software is because I purchased the same for my mother for Mother's Day so that she could start scrapbooking her geneology photographs.  She's very into researching our heritage and has accumulated alot of photos from our past.  Realizing after the fact, I can't teach her how to use something that I don't understand myself!  But I digress (which I will do alot, so you should probably get used to it).




Back to the door - It was still a big hole in the front of the house.....

Whilst attempting to scrapbook with GoneCountry, she talked me into starting this blog........so here we are.  Awaiting the door.


Live life and laugh often -
Mama Shutta'Bug

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Your first post!

    I'm not too sure about the 'friend who knows what they're doing part' but he'll surely give it a go and give you a good laugh or two while he's at it!

    Now, don't leave us hanging on the door situation! (No pun intended!)

    ReplyDelete